How to Add Google Analytics on your Website?
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic, currently as a platform inside the Google Marketing Platform brand. This article will teach you how to integrate Google Analytics into your website.
Google Analytics Setup
This part of the section will cover how to setup Google Analytics. If you have already done that you may refer to the second section of this documentation.
To set up Google Analytics, follow the steps given below:
- Upon logging in, you will be redirected to the Google Analytics main page
- Click on the Start Measuring button in the center
- Complete every step including
- Account Setup
- Property Setup
- About your business
- Agree to the terms and condition
- Your account is set!
About your business
Accept terms and conditions
Domain Setup on GA
To setup your domain into Google Analytics refer to the steps listed below:
- After setting up, go to Data Streams
- Choose the platform as ‘Web’
- Enter your website’s URL in the Website URL input field
- Make sure to remove any slashes’ / ‘ on the URL suffix (after the URL)
- Input a stream name
- Press the ‘Create Stream’ button
- Copy the measurement ID
Choose ‘Data Streams’ and choose ‘Web’ as the platform
Enter your website’s URL in the Website URL input field, make sure to remove any slashes’ / ‘ on the URL suffix (after the URL), input a stream name and press the ‘Create Stream’ button
Copy the Measurement ID
Integrate GA to your site
After setting up your Google Analytics account and domain and after you have copied the measurement ID, follow the rest of the steps to integrate GA to your website:
- Go to your website builder (Design and Pages on your Dashboard)
- Click on Site Settings
- Click on the Integrations tab
- Paste the Measurement ID you had copied earlier into the Google Analytics ID input field
- Press Publish
Go to your website builder (Design and Pages on your Dashboard) and click on Site Settings
Click on the Integrations tab
Paste the Measurement ID you had copied earlier into the Google Analytics ID input field
Press the Publish button
To test that your site is integrated with Google Analytics, you may do a test run. To do this follow the steps listed below:
- On your browser. open an incognito tab
- Paste your site’s URL and visit your site.
- Go back to Google Analytics
- Open the Reports option
- Click on Realtime under Report Analytics
- You will see a site visit, confirming that your site is integrated with Google Analytics
On your browser. open an incognito tab
Visit your site
Open the Reports option
Click on Realtime under Report Analytics. You will see a site visit, confirming that your site is integrated with Google Analytics.
How to add Google Analytics on your website using Dorik Website Builder. Please check following video to know about this.
Google Tag Manager Integration
Sitemap & Google Search Console
Updated on: 05/03/2023