Add Custom Domain on CMS Site
Add Custom Domain
This article features the instructions required to add a custom domain to your website. Follow all instructions accordingly to get started.
Adding Custom Domain
Follow the steps below to add a Custom Domain to your site.
- Go to your website dashboard
- Click on Custom Domain under the Styles and Settings Panel on your left
- Step 1: Add your domain name
- Step 2: Copy the values from the Type records: A and CNAME, and paste them into your DNS records.
⬇️ In this example, the integration process of a GoDaddy.com domain is being demonstrated for a better understanding of the whole process.
Refer to the GIFs and Screenshots below:
Go to your site’s dashboard. E.g., “yoursitename.com/dashboad”
Click on Custom Domain under the Styles and Settings panel
Enter your Domain name in Step 1
Copy the VALUE from the Type A record
Go to the site from where you purchased your domain, add a new DNS record, and follow the instructions below:
- Choose the Type as ‘A’
- Type ‘@’ under the Name input field
- Paste the value that you copied earlier and paste it under the Value input field
Refer to the screenshot below ⬇️
Next, add another DNS Record under the CNAME type.
Go back to the site from where you purchased your domain, add a new DNS record, and follow the instructions below:
- Choose the Type as ‘**CNAME**’
- Type ‘www’ under the Name input field
- Input your domain name, excluding the ‘*www*’ in the prefix. E.g., “***mydomain.com***”
You will receive the following message:
⚠️ It usually takes 1 to 48 hours to update your domain globally
Go back to your dashboard and click on Connect Domain to finish connecting your domain.
Updated on: 27/11/2022